Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Call for Carbs

The call came and went.....it's okay...now....

I shed my tears of frustration....my mack daddy laughed.....and then hugged me tight...

We'll make it.....

So in celebration...I made carbs.....oh-so-hit-the-spot-make-you-smile-melt-in-your-mouth-and-get-seconds-angel-hair-pasta-with-a-hint-of-cream-and-basil....

Thanks to Liz, it is the easiest of easy, but totally satisfying, I thought I would share....so I am not the only one watching my bum jiggle...

please....join me...really....

Tomato and Basil Cream Pasta

 - Boil one package of angel hair pasta....(I am almost up to two bags...yikes..someone is going to have to stop eating!
 - While that boils for 6 minutes, heat a large frying pan with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, throw in 1 tablespoon chopped garlic...I am all about the big jar of pre-chopped garlic from Costco!! So much less stress!
 - Toss in about two cups...more or less...of cherry tomatoes chopped in halves or thirds..or whatever makes you happy.
 - Tear up fresh basil and toss in...lightly stirring....I go light on the basil...my kids aren't big fans and saved some for me to put on top
 - and for good measure I added a small handful of REAL bacon bits....then I can tell the mack daddy that I did serve him some meat...
 - Pour in the cream...and I mean the heavy cream....about a cup.....you can add more.....but I have messy hooligans..so I didn't make it drippy...just a hint is perfect.
 - Salt and pepper
 - After the angel hair pasta is cooked and drained....dump in the skillet with the cream sauce.....gently manipulate the pasta to cover....too much stirring will make it mushy...not good...not good at all.

serve up with fresh grated parmesan....my hooligans, including their mack daddy and the mctwins scarfed it up....here is proof...

It is good for growing your hair as well as your bum...at least #7 hopes so.

And don't tell anyone, but I didn't serve it with bread or salad or anything....just pasta....why ruin a good thing? And the best part...besides the cream...I made it in less then ten minutes...

Doesn't get better then that.

Love, me without a farm

1 comment:

The Family said...

Super easy and high in calories. So glad your family enjoyed it. Lovin' the new blog. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts