Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Biatchy Mood Altering Cupcakes

I made bread...and cupcakes....lots of cupcakes....I needed therapy!

I have to admit that I have written and started several posts......but alas....they met the delete button....

they were just too sad, negative, moany and moody and should I say biatchy.....

NO...you say.....ME........biatchy.....NEVER......(do you hear my husband hysterically laughing...ya...I thought I did too!)

But we all know I eat my stress so why not my eat my moodiness?  I agree!

The bread was oh so yummy...I can report that Mr McDonald and his lovely wife ate a whole loaf with homemade strawberry freezer jam!  Lunch, baby, lunch! Ya'll know you could do the same....am I right?  Am I right?  You know I am right!

And the cupcakes were for Sissa's basketball banquet...I am not normally a cupcake kinda girl...don't get me wrong....I eat them....but my go to thing is cookies of any kind...'cept the raisin kind.....I'll take trifle or peach crisp or margarita pie or brownies or.....oh you get the point....

But since this is a pot luck garden variety dinner...I am making cupcakes....but I decided to make them special....and oh so gooooooddd!!!  Actually I am on my second batch...the first chocolate ones...well they had their little tasty  tidbit sink to the bottom....so we are at it again...with peanut butter this time...I think we have a winner!

I will post this biatchy mood altering recipe, because.....it is delish..and that is what I do...

I make the world a better place by making you and everyone else eat!  Eat! EAT!

Now....I hope you read my disclaimer.....I didn't say I would help you stay on your diet or tone up your thighs....nope...not me.....I will however, try to make it healthy...and still taste good.....now healthy to me...still includes bitter and cream....unhealthy means....preservatives and additives that you cannot even pronounce.

....we interrupt this show.....

So after hurrying to post this, decorate the cupcakes and make a casserole...and attend the banquet.....all on time.....I had to leave the post.

I know, i know....priorities!

The cupcakes were a hit, exact words were: "Mrs McDonald, these are the bomb!"

I will take what I can get!

Congrats to sissa...she was the bomb!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cupcakes

  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1-3/4 cups and 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2-1/2 cups and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 24 miniature peanut butter cups
  1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
  2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Press a peanut butter cup into the center of each until top edge is even with batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted on an angle toward the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. 
I also made them with chocolate batter!  Sooooo good!

Chocolate Frosting recipe

1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup cocoa
3 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Whip butter, stir in cocoa powder. Alternately add in powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed. To desired consistency, add more milk if needed.  Stir in Vanilla.

Eat and enjoy....your mood will soon be grinning and the world will be a better place....even if the man about a horse hasn't come callin yet.......

....

1 comment:

Marnie said...

Thank you for yet another food to make my middle section grow ever so big. I told Steve I am going to have to learn to run so I can eat all that I love. I still think you should come down for a visit and see what Texas is all about. We live in the country and I love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts