Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I say tomato, you say Tamoto

TWO posts in one day...but oh my goodness......I just had to share this recipe...this recipe that made my mouth water.....made my kids eat their whole bowl full...and ask for more...and then ask that I make it tomorrow after the jv football game...the itty bitty mctwins ate it...and then licked the bowls...and then their fingers.....too bad I didn't have a camera handy.....but I was giving them more and more and more.....and more....

Can you guess what it is?  Are you curious??  are you salivating?

You will be...............Tomato Miso Soup from Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist......

So good...I would make more right now...if it wasn't 10:30 at night....I will probably be making some more tomorrow......

Tomato Miso Soup 

makes about 5 cups

Ingredients

12 oz strained tomatoes
3 TBL Misohttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=theheahomeco-20&l=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&o=1&a=B003ZJE27K paste
2 1/2 cups filtered water
1/2 large spanish or white organic onion, chopped
1 TBL expeller pressed coconut oil I will blog more about this later......I am no longer using any kind of vegetable oil or hydrogenated oil!)
1 TBL  butter 
1 large or 2 medium sized organic garlic cloves, minced
pepper to taste


Instructions


Put 2 cups of filtered water, coconut oil and strained tomatoes in a 3-4 quart pot.   Bring to just below a boil.    Mix miso paste with remaining 1/2 cup of water in a small bowl until smooth.    Pour water and miso paste mixture into the pot and stir into water/tomato mixture.

In a small frypan, gently melt butter and lightly saute chopped onion until slightly carmelized.   Add cooked onions and garlic to miso/tomato/water mixture.    Cook just below a boil for about  5-10 minutes to blend the flavors.    Remove from heat and blend with a handheld blender right in the pot.   Pepper to taste.

Serve in bowls with a dollop of cultured cream or fresh cream that has naturally soured in the refrigerator.  I used my vitamix...worked perfectly well as it warmed it back up after I had left it on the stove and ran to soccer games.....and a little side note.....

please use natural sour cream...if you don't have your own cow......it doesn't have any additives...just good ole cream...that is soured.....


and even better if you can make it from your own tomatoes that you have loving canned with your own hands.....they will taste so much better!  Have less salts and BPA's then other canned goods.  However, eating canned tomatoes are probably better then many of the so called fresh tomatoes that they sell in the produce department because often they are picked green and lack nutrition.  I canned many a tomato this year in the forms of salsas and whole tomatoes....but I am afraid I don't have the space or a garden of my own to produce enough....thankfully we have Day Farms just a town over, that made it easy and cheap to buy our own.

I heart tomatoes...honestly...if I had to choose a fruit (a tomato is not a vegetable!!) to eat every day at every meal it would be a tomato!!  They fight cancer!!! (Lycopene is the key word here!)  But please don't forget to eat your other veggies.

love yer guts,

from me, pleasantly plump like a tomato...but not for long!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts