Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Desires in a Nutshell

Yesterday was one of those thinking days, it didn't start out that way, it started out as I have to get all this stuff done so that I could could blog about how I was going to save the world with the groundbeaking words I wrote..

I don't believe that either....

but still I was going to write something so I was poking about on other blogs, and I found an amazing blog...and I liked what she said and how she said it....

she said it better then I do.....and she gets to actually farm, or as she says homestead.....which is a perfect description of what I want to do...and she is beautiful.

You can read her blog, http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/our-homestead, I plan on making it a regular habit.

Either way, I felt myself near tears and frustrated with what I had or didn't have depending on how you look at it...and wondering why....

I've wondered why for many years.....

I have listened to many complain about living in a small town (either when we go back for the small town old fashioned fourth of July celebration, or over the internet thanks to modern technology.).... when my family and  would give our eye teeth to be back.

I have heard many complain about the pains of being  a homeowner and aren't we just glad that we don't have to bother with that (we are homeowners...just of a town home.)

I have taken it to the Lord and repetitiously asked for a way to sell our town home and live a simple "homestead" life......and  I am still here asking the same questions....


I don't have answers but I do know that thankfully the Lord is patient with my lack of faith and failing eyesight to see the bigger picture that he must have for our family.

This is more then apparent as in Sunday School we studied in church Lehi taking his family into the dessert at the command of God. (Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 2) I have read these chapters many times, but never had it hit me before that Lehi had had to be prepared to just pick up and go into the wilderness with his family with little preparation time. First, he didn't question God, he just did it, so he knew by the Spirit that it was the right thing to do, second, he was already prepared. This must have meant a lifetime of doing what he was doing, unbeknownst to himself. When I put myself into his shoes, he must have thought that was just the way his life was and that he accepted it, going along and learning and training for what would be in his future, but he had no idea what was in his future. He just put his trust in God, that He knew best and that all would be well. When the time came and he was called...Lehi was ready...and he went.

Now for me, I need to be the same, I must have faith that my family of ten living in a town home and not the farm I want has its reasons. (and yes I fully realize, almost daily, that more then half, probably more then 80 percent of the world would give their eye teeth for my heated, air conditioned, installed clean running water, 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, swimming pool containing, maintenance free landscaping in the middle of the a great state that has skiing, hiking, hunting, fishing just to name a few things just minutes away, smack dab in the middle of a democracy loving republic.) Reasons that seem to be beyond my comprehension (or lack of it).  I must believe somewhere, somehow that the Lord has a plan for our family, one in which being where we are is the right thing.

And with that being said, I must be patient and go about m life and be prepared for....whatever comes along...

how do I prepare for that which I do not know will happen?

Good queston?

I think for me that I make Christ the priority in my life that I pray and listen for guidance and then act. I've known this, but it seemed to feel it with more clarity yesterday after reading the Prairie Homestead and then talking to my sister (who always buoys me up!) that all  can do or now is to not only dream of my little farm, but be prepared for it when (and if) it comes; and even though I felt like never blogging again after reading about such amazing women ...I can blog...I can....about how I do it...

how I keep sane with 8 kids and 2 dogs, trying to "homestead" in my little town home...and what  and how we do what we do....and really who said I was sane?

I hope that you will stay with me for the journey, I hope that many of you will send ideas and comments and thoughts on how to do it better...or just read to see if it really happens......I hope that you will help me keep it real and just blog about what I know and how I reconcile my desires and dreams with my reality.

It's alot to ask...but there it is.....

my sister said don't quit.....so I won't....since she is amazing...and I look up to her...

And there you have it, yesterday's momentary pity party in a nutshell.......

and since we are talking about nuts...the crazy kind that is..not the male form....

I will put this simple recipe out there...simple s always good, but just because it is simple doesn't mean it has to be plain. No way, I am all about good food from around the world...different recipes and such that it sometimes drives my man insane...see a theme here.......

nuts....and healthy.... and REAL food. Period.


Thai Peanut Noodles (in less then 15 minutes ad for pennies)

4 servings, double, triple as necessary if you are like my family

8 oz of thin spaghetti, prepared according to package

Reserving 1/2 cp of the pasta cooking liquid, mix with

5 T organic peanut butter
3 T rice wine vinegar
1 T soy sauce
1/2 cup green onions.

Add to pasta, tossing to combine and topping with slivered scallion greens.
I also added a handful of peanuts, if you want to make it a meal instead of a side, just add chicken and sauted veggies.

signed,

A nut just trying not to crack....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts