Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Food Lovin

oh yes.....

I am talking food again....

it's wrong

yes, I know I have a problem with food.....

But let me tell you....

This summer food lovin is so worth it.....

even Mr. McD loved it, encouraged me to make it...begged me...

said he would watch the mctwins while I tan to the store to get the anchovies....

haha, totally kidding.....I kinda had to run out of the house.....

jump in the sub and burn runner to get away.  But I did it!

I got to the store and bought me some anchovies!

And yes.....you will still like the salad, and no....

you wouldn't even know they were in there if I didn't tell you....or you couldn't read!

Does this summer salad look delish or what?  I am serious...even Mr McD...wanted it.

It is from Giada De Laurentiis.....most likely the most beautiful chef in the whole doggone world....and boy can she cook....that's a plus!

Mr McD Said he wouldn't mind if I could cook and look like her......I'll be working on that...

and while I am doing that...run and make this salad...you won't be sorry.....

Roman Summer Salad

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Ingredients

  • 1 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 cup pitted green and black olives, halved
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
  • 3 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
  • 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
  • 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
  • 8 fresh basil leaves, shredded
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 pound vine-ripened tomatoes (about 3 tomatoes)

Directions

Cook the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat until thick, syrupy, and measuring 1/4 cup, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Combine the olives, parsley, anchovies, capers, garlic, basil, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl and toss to combine.

To serve, slice the tomatoes into 1/4-inch thick rounds and place, slightly overlapping, on a serving plate. Spoon the olive and parsley mixture over the tomatoes. Drizzle the reduced balsamic over the salad and serve.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts