Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pour some Sugar on me

I have no pictures .....anymore....

my computer decided it was sick and tired.....it had a virus

And nothing could make it better.....

so everything came off .....

bummer.....but I thought I would share my buttermilk syrup recipe.....

it is so good.....I have it memorized....my kids ask for it......they would drink it....if I let them

I don't...but I do lick the pan I make it in!!! Waste not, want not!

It is basic and good......with no high fructose corn syrup.....yes it has lots of sugar......refined sugar...

but sugar is not our enemy.....I promise.....

and butter is our friend....I double promise......no hydrogenation there....that is bad

I have used this syrup to make the frosting for cinnamon rolls....I have drenched pancakes , waffles and french toast...and even...eggs with it.

Yes, I admit it.....I like syrup on my eggs and bacon! So I hope you like!

Buttermilk Syrup
2 c sugar
1/2 c butter
3/4 c buttermilk
2 t baking soda
2 t vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients except vanilla ans bring to a boil for seven minutes. Take off stove and mix in vanilla!
PS...I make my own buttermilk...easy peasy mac and cheesy

1 T vinegar to 1 Cup milk, let it sit for five minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts