Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Let them eat cake...whatevah.....bread baby...BREAD!

Mack gave me permission to blog today..

Bless his heart!!!  I needed permission to rant and rave and scream....

but I can't and I won't.....it is to tender right now.....so instead I will share with you my favorite thing...

Bread!  Ye...eesss...I said it bread!!!  You name any kind of bread and we are personal friends.

You see I eat my stress...I don't drink it or hold it in....I should run it out...but I don't...I eat it...

and well bread fills up that spot mighty fine!

This is my aunt's recipe and oh my....it is so right!  I have yet to have a recipe outta of it and not have it turn out!

I have tried many a wheat bread recipe that I could play hockey with or use as a deadly weapon...but not this one.

The loaves rarely last through the end of the night (I already admitted I eat my stress....so why are you surprised that the bread is gone by the end of the day?!)

I have made bread bowls, orange rolls, plain ole rolls and even cinnamon rolls with this recipe.  My cousin swears (not really...she is really good and I don't think one of those words has ever rolled off her tongue!) by it for pizza dough as well.....and give it a few more raises  and punch downs, she says it is excellent french bread!

So that said, please try it...you'll like it.....you don't even have to eat it when you are stressed.

Wheat Bread

Mix 4 cups whole wheat flour with 2 tablespoons of yeast and four cups very warm water.  Mix until well blended, the turn off mixer and let sit for 10 to 20 minutes.  This is called proofing the bread....it works every time!

After the yeast mixture has set for ten minutes, mix in four cups more of wheat flour, 2 tablespoons dough enhancer or 1/2 cup gluten flour. 1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup honey (or sugar) but I prefer the moisture that the honey gives. Knead in mixer for ten minutes. Let raise for at least ten minutes, but I have let it go for as long as an hour...and it is even lighter! (I am tellin ya, it is no fail!) punch down.  Oil your counter (vegetable oil) and plop that dough right down, let rest for a few minutes.  You can now cut into four medium pieces for four medium size pans or make into rolls...or whatever floats your boat.  If making loaves, just pat and mold into shape and place in greased pans (crisco here gals....not vegetable oil or butter..or the spray stuff) Cover with greased saran wrap (this is where you can use your spray oil) and then cover with a towel and let raise in a warm spot...about ten minutes or double in size).

psst.....(I have also made the dough in advance and stuck it in my cold garage overnight...then let it warm up in the morning to make cinnamon rolls)

I bake at 425, because it gives it a crustier crust (my husband's fav)  I also rotate it in my oven so that the tops and bottoms are getting evenly browned (I have gas...as in stove)

When you go to take it out, tap on it...it should sound hollow!!!

Take out and let cool...hahahha

are you kidding...you have to cut into it right now....while it is steaming hot and the butter (real) melts like...well butter and you melt because it is so stinkin good!!!

and this also insures you that you will get a piece before your kiddos..because even they will like this whole wheat bread! (I have made it with white as well!)

So enjoy...also you can click on the title for more inspiration....I read this and my day wasn't so bad and and the world was put back into perspective...well ...

after I called and cried with Mack's aunt, ranted via text with my sister and told my husband that they (can't say their names) were dumb asses.  Then I felt a little better!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I love how you beat around the bush! Your writing style always make me say to myself, "You go, girl!" Love you!

Rachel Keppner said...

YUMMMMM!!! (You're awesome, babe!)

San Diego Fireplaces said...

I was searching for a great bread recipe and came across your post. Can't wait to try it!

Wanna be farm girl said...

I hope you enjoyed the bread recipe, it seems to be a no fail recipe, even when I forget the salt! HA! I have switched to olive oil...which is fantastic! Thanks for stopping by, I hope to hear from you again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts