Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Who woulda thunk it.....

I so want to be a better poster.....among other things...

but holy moley...do ya think my family could cooperate?!

It is a resounding NO..... skull fractures, badly sprained ankles, separated shoulders, headaches, homework, climbing monkey babies, beautiful weather (every other day), dust and snow.....well you get the picture.....


But all is well....because I have learned to make dessert for breakfast, yes you read that right, dessert for breakfast is the only way to go.

Now before I share with you what I made, I have to share a secret with you, one that will go down to my grave without my kids knowing....um....because I made them eat this particular dessert....even if they said they didn't like it...eventually they all liked it...even the ones that won't admit it.

I HATED this dessert...or so I thought....

I can still remember the bright blue sky above me, the smell of the forest, the remnants of fish bait on my fingers, the dirt on my knees, and the yell of forty thousand kids...

well not forty thousand, but a goodly number....

I was camping with my aunt and uncle and their bazillion kids....hey I can say that...a few more and I will be even with them...

and my aunt made this particular dessert......for breakfast.......and I hated it.....and I sat there forever...because I wouldn't eat it.....I wouldn't even try it....silly girl I was.

Now the main factor was that it had raisins in it......I hate, despise and gag on any raisin that comes into vicinity of my mouth

And I don't keep that secret...AT ALL!!!  Many a fool has tried to get me to eat the little buggers...and well more then one has had to clean up or worse yet...beg for my forginveness.....

I admit there may be one or two that have yet to receive it...(I KNOW.....I am WORKING on it!).

Anywho...after that whole childhood eat it or else fiasco...and I can't remember if I ate it...or my aunt finally was disgusted enough with me to send me off....I MADE my kids eat it!

Isn't that justice!!


Have you guessed what it is yet?  Have you been racking your brain?


I bet Lisa can remember......


It is Rice Pudding.......did you think I would go there....

I did!  And it is so yummy!!!  I was ready for another bowl for...but it was so rich....that I thought I would save it for dinner....it didn't last that long!

I hope you like...don't be a lily livered yellow belly chicken....just try it....oh yeah...I didn't put raisins in it though...

I haven't grown up that much!

Obviously this little mctwin loved it!
RICE PUDDING
  • 2 1/2 cups of whole milk
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 cups cooked white rice
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 egg
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup  raisins...are you kidding me.......but I included it for you more mature folks
Bring milk, cream and rice to a low boil...just before it is a rolling, stir constantly so the bottom won't burn. In a small bowl whisk together eggs and sugar, slowly add half a cup of rice mixture to eggs, whisking to blend.  Add egg mixture back to rice mixture over low heat, do not allow to boil at this point. Cook and stir over low heat for ten minutes until thickened.  Take off heat and add vanilla, cinnamon and raisins if you must.

Enjoy to your hearts content and know that you sent your chillins to school with a hot breakfast...even if it was dessert.

I let my mctwins feed themselves...mmmm...happy campers were they (unlike me) I don't think they like raisins either, though Mack thinks I could of and should have added golden raisins, I can choke those down in bread pudding...when you twist my arm...but don't even try those gnarled fermented rotting in the sun thingys!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts