Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Because we do too much........easy dinner.....

I have another confession....no not that my kid makes totally obnoxious faces for the camera

...yes....two days in a row!

I expect too much outta myself.....

now really that isn't a confession, because all of us women do it....see picture above....I insisted on graduating....I had four chillins...the youngest there...I used to take her to class and nurse her...Yep...I wonder how my professors like that....

but just the same we do it.  Whether it is how we should look...including our shape, how clean and perfectly decorated our house should be, that we throw perfect parties with perfect food and perfectly professional looking cakes, our kids are perfect angels.....

And yet as I type, mctwin #2 is crying her eyes out, because we (um...er, the daddy is doing this...I was in  there ready to cuddle and cajole her to sleep) are trying to teach her to go to bed, on her own, AND in her own bed....she's already thrown up once...but luckily, I was doing kid pick up duty and it was Mr. Macdaddy that had to clean it up...thank you very much!

We are reading no less then five books, including a classical...and yes there was a time that I was doing that....but then the mckiddos arrived and arrived and arrived.....and so on and so on and so on.....and so on.....

We are to be literate on the news and on what the local school district is planning on doing for the upcoming year as well as be on a minimum of four boards and or classroom parties! Coach one little league team and at least share home room mother, we must be active in our church and participate in all activities as well as lead the choir...except for me....they would rather have their choir sound good!)

Are you getting the picture.....oh right...you already know the scenario....

Well let's just say no...

..at least for tonight...we can conquer world peace tomorrow.  Because after all you know and I know...and all our friends know, that we will never give up... WE will keep trying for that extra hour of daylight, so I say make dinner EAST, but the peeps will never know it, nor will your neighbors (unless they read this blog, and I am pretty sure they don't) because they will only smell the warm delicious smell of Crab Fitters waft out your sparkly clean window and see you prance to the table in your high heels and frilly apron while you place caprese salad before your obediently awaiting family.....

....hahahaha.....can you see the wall behind me...in my frilly apron...and ergonomically correct flip flops????  It has dried blueberries on it...or is it a booger...I dunno...don't look to close!!!

aaaaahhhhhhh...I think mctwin #2 has given up and is sleeping like an angel!

IN the mean while...make these, enjoy the awes from your fam.... unless their like mine and you can only make fish when they have a church activity night, because they hate even the thought of eating fish or something that might have dipped their tie in the ocean.....funny girls...too bad I make them eat it at least three times a week....like a good mommy!  Anyway!  Enjoy!

(insert picture here......again I forgot my camera!)

CrabFitters
8 oz. Crab Classic, Flake Style
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 whole egg
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. table ground black pepper
1/4 diced sweet onion, vidalia or walla walla
1 tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
oil for deep frying 
  


Chop crab flakes into small pieces. Sift the dry ingredients, flour and baking powder, together and set aside. Combine liquid ingredients and mix. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the liquid.

Um...hello...too much work...I justt plopped it all together, stirred and dropped into the hot oil....and my real confession for the day...I was the same oil that had been sitting out from the chili rellos because I hadn't strained it and put away.....so I fished out the big pieces left behind the night before...and reused the oil....that had been sitting out...no worries! That wasn't a fly...just a big piece of parsley!

Pat into a small patty and carefully plop it into the fryer...and please let's not discuss if you can bake these to make them healthy...I am sure you can find a way...but let's just be happy I didn't use hydrogenated oil...
 And try to not nibble off them because they are so yummy, your significant other will want some!

Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.....
Had this in Hawaii with my sister...been in love ever since....so happy to have found a recipe that tastes as good as that dipping sauce!
1/2 cup rice vinegar (or substitute white vinegar
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. white sugar
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp. fish sauce
2 Tbsp. sherry (or cooking sherry)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 Tbsp. Srirachi Sauce
1+1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 3-4 Tbsp. cool water

Place all ingredients - except the cornstarch-water mixture - in a sauce pan or pot. Bring to a rolling boil.Reduce heat to medium and let boil for 10 minutes, or until reduced by half. (Note that the vinegar will be quite pungent as it burns off. Generally, I find rice vinegar less strong than regular white vinegar).Reduce heat to low and add the cornstarch-water mixture. Stir to incorporate and continue stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens (about 2 minutes).Remove from heat and taste-test. You should taste "sweet" first, followed by sour, then spicy and salty notes. If the sauce isn't sweet enough, add a little more sugar. If not spicy enough, add more chili.

Oh so yummy, I will be making cheese wontons this week, to finish off this sauce!
and um...a picture of me pretending to know what I was doing...I didn't!

love ya'll!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts