Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Judging.....right or wrong

Do you wanna hear a secret, see a little bit of my dirty laundry??

Really??  Ya think it's salacious?

Are ya ready?

Haha...have you been reading long? 

Here goes....
This is what daddy does when he doesn't want to do their hair......he covers it with a do rag..

jk....i can get dirtier then that....

When I am at the grocery store.....I totally critique what is in people's carts....

I want to start telling 'em not to eat those pop tarts, do they really want that cereal with all that dye in it, that velvetta is not cheese at all, and oh my goodness, that margarine will kill 'em quicker then the bacon that they have secretly buried under the oh so healthy Lean Cuisines...um..not!  and if I know you...and I have a minute to kill, I will totally tell you to not buy the at free sour cream.....

*have you seen the ingredients for fat free sour cream....they were supposed to take the fat  (healthy) out, and instead they wind up putting 20 things back in it...that can't be good!

and then I will actually go to the milk refrigerator case and pull out the original sour cream...the one that has only three ingredients and show you the difference.....I am just sad that I can't go milk the cow for you and make sour cream fresh for you and me...but we do the best we can, right?

Right?!

So let's just keep my dirty little secret hidden, because you will still see some CRAP in my basket occasionally...i try and follow the 80/20 plan, sometimes it is the 50/50 plan and I have yet to get to the 90/10 plan...but as long as you are doing your best

but i find i eat a lot healthier if i make food from scratch, and can substitute items.....i am posting my picante sauce recipe that i made up...I wanted something on the sweet side, thicker and mild...it was a success..the kids ate a bottle right then and there!  It is so much better then store bought that often put corn syrup in it......why???

Picante Salsa

2 rib of Celery, chopped fine
8 cups of Onion, chopped fine
8 cups of Peppers, chopped fine (1 cup Jalapeno for mild, 2 cups for medium, 3 cups for hot - remainder may be bell or sweet peppers)
4 Qts fresh Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 cup Cider Vinegar
1 cup water
½ lime juice
6TBS Pickling Salt
2 1/2 TBS Cumin
2 TBS oregano
1 cup Sugar
4 TBS Mustard Seed
6 (8 oz) cans of tomato sauce * optional, I wanted mine a little thicker

Bring all ingredients to a boil and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.  Pour into sterilized jars.  Process for 15 minutes in water bath.  Makes 16 pints. 

I also like to make tortilla chips from corn tortillas that are minimally processed (I have yet to be able to make tortillas successfully on my own! dang it!) I cut them in the shape of triangles and then fry them in a little coconut oil...ht is the oil of choice!) an then salt with sea salt.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts