Under Costruction.....

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just like life building (rebuilding) a blog is a journey.... please stick with us as we make this blog better. Thanks y'all!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Am I gettin' old?


I ate oatmeal...again....scratch your head and cover your eyes in fear...

I ate it like 3 times last week....and I plan on eating it pretty much all of this week.

I even...gasp....put dried blueberries in it.....

I know to some that this is ordinary getup and eat breakfast and go out your door and get on with your day kinda news,

but for me......

HUGE! BIG!

(Think pretty woman in store berating sales clerks)

You see.....I am not an oatmeal eater, never have been, never planned on it....

you see the picture?  My childhood was scarred by lumpy, gumpy, sticky like glue filled with raisins oatmeal.  It was terrible. I mean horrendous!  To have the relation ship I have with raisins and then to add terrible goopy mush thrown at me at the same time...

Heaven help us all...cuz I had to sit there till I ate it...or school started...and a couple of times it was there for me at dinner.....

I didn't eat it then either....along with liver.....seriously....lumpy oatmeal is a crime!!!

Fast forward to today....

I liked it.....

I must be getting old, maturing in my ways, learning to try new things...just before I turn...um...aaccchhhmmm....40!

has the world stopped on its' axis?  It must have...

My mother would claim victory...but ummm......no.....she should nt have made lumpy not even the dog would eat it oatmeal.....

I would have tried it sooner and then my a few of my kiddos wouldn't be balking either.....and they wouldn't have to microblog or whatever they will call it in the future about their (me) mother scarring her for making her eat oatmeal...

she didn't....I relented and she ate rice krispies.....so much more nutritious and stickittotheribsness.

Would you deny this face???


Or this one?? I can't seem too....little punk

BUT, my oatmeal wasn't lumpy or mushy or sticky or made with powdered milk......it had cinnamon and blueberries in it....

It lowered my cholesterol....but now I have to go work on my blood pressure because it is now elevated since talking about my childhood....and throwittothepigs nasty oatmeal....

Don't even get me started about cream of wheat.....nightmares!!


But I must....I have to keep up with these two!!

Now if you will excuse me...I have to go continue being a grown up and mop my floor!

o, and if you are, always have been and never had a problem with hot oatmeal and/or raisins....God bless....

Love your ever livin oatmeal eatin guts!

3 comments:

Photography by Wendy said...

I used to eat oatmeal every morning (with craisins). I need to get back to that, but Albertsons just had a sale on Capt'n Crunch. And I tried a new recipe for caramel syrup on my pancakes.

Kathy said...

I used to hate oatmeal, even though my parents NEVER made it. Somehow I just always knew I would never like and decided that I didn't. Well, I started Ty on it, and then I tried it. And... it was really good. Nevermind it had tons of brown sugar in it, but I actually liked it and have had some just for me- not stealing bites of Ty's, just actually eating my own. So, I hear ya. And you're not getting old!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

ICE CREAM!!! A scoop of vanilla ice cream on cinnamon brown sugar oatmeal is YUMMY!!! it is an aunt Peggy tradition...if you EVER ate oatmeal at my house you got ICE CREAM on it!!! Not even Daddy can make it right :) Guess what is for breakfast TOMORROW!!! :) (i also like vanilla yogurt on mine..more weight watchers approved :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts